On Track to Sustainability
As a global leader in rail technology, we view it as our corporate responsibility to maximize the environmental benefits of rail travel. That's why we have put sustainable mobility at the heart of our design, engineering and operating philosophy.
Our key business goals for sustainability include:
- Being profitable, while delivering safe and competitive products to our customers
- Optimizing the environmental performance of our vehicles
- Leaving the next generations with an environment unspoiled by our industry activities and products, to the best of our ability
- Being a preferred employer, including the provision of healthy and safe working places
- Transferring best practices and knowledge, especially in less industrialized countries where we have a presence
We have demonstrated our commitment to sustainability through concrete action, and reported on it transparently.
In 2003, Bombardier Transportation was the first vehicle manufacturer to sign the International Association of Public Transport’s (UITP) Sustainability Charter. As part of our commitment to the charter, at the end of 2006 we issued our first Sustainability Report describing the progress we are making towards environmental and social responsibility. Our latest Sustainability Report and the Bombardier Corporate Social Responsibility Report were both issued in 2009.