We look far ahead to see and shape the future of mobility. Our goal is to continuously find better ways to bridge distances and bring people together. Across cities, countries and the globe. This is our passion.
As the world’s only manufacturer of planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.
But it’s not just our products and services that make us a global leader. The most important success factor is our employees, all 71,700 of them. Together we’re focused on the same objective. Propelling mobility forward by answering the call to make it more efficient, sustainable and inviting than ever before. We call it The Evolution of Mobility.
We are headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, we posted revenues of $16.8 billion USD.
With more than 35,500 employees and a leadership position in global markets, Bombardier Aerospace designs, manufactures and supports innovative aviation products for the business, commercial, specialized and amphibious aircraft markets. We have the most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and we hold the number one position in business and regional aircraft. Our high-performance aircraft and services set the standard of excellence in several markets, including:
- Business aircraft - Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft families
- Commercial aircraft - new CSeries program, CRJ Series and Q-Series aircraft families
- Amphibious aircraft - Bombardier 415 and Bombardier 415 MP aircraft
- Jet travel solutions - Flexjet
- Specialized aircraft solutions - Bombardier aircraft modified for special missions
- Aircraft services and training - aircraft parts, maintenance, comprehensive training, technical support and publications, and online services
With 64 production and engineering sites in 26 countries and 19 service centres at customer premises across the world, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 36,000 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions, including:
- Rail vehicles - automated people movers, monorails, light rail vehicles, advanced rapid transit, metros, commuter/regional trains, intercity/high-speed trains and locomotives
- Propulsion and controls - complete product portfolio for applications ranging from trolley buses to freight locomotives
- Bogies - product portfolio for the entire range of rail vehicles
- Services - fleet maintenance, operations and maintenance (O&M), vehicle refurbishment and modernization, and material management
- Transportation systems - customized “design-build-operate-maintain” transportation system solutions
- Rail control solutions - advanced signalling solutions for mass transit and mainline systems